Name:
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Yellow Ribbons



Well, It's the 6th of January, and Shawn left for a 6 month deployment to Afghanistan on Jan 4th. He is still in transit and probably will be for the next few days, but I got an email from him this morning and he's doing fine so far. I know he's going to miss Saxon terribly, but hopefully we can communicate with email and phone and even a few video conferences. Here are a few pics of Father and son at the airport. Its' early in the morning, so excuse the tired look on Saxon's face:

Oh, and then there's the issue of the black eye. Our little bundle of energy has recently started to walk, with predictably clumsy results. He hasn't made more than 6 steps in a row, but he did manage to walk over, reach for a book, and promptly fall and hit his eye on the bookshelf.

Next post I will fill you in on Christmas (and the promised antler/dog photo), and all the other haps in Saxon's little world. For now, say a prayer for Shawn, and let me know if you want updates -- I'm trying to compile an email list for people who are interested.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love updates. You are all in my prayers. I pray for safe travel and God's protection for Shawn, and grace to enjoy the next 6 months despite Shawn's absence for you and little Saxon. Hang in there!
As for that black eye...looks like evidence that Saxon is, indeed, a typical boy!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home